Golfers take second in Spring Hill
The Tonganoxie High golf team finished second Thursday at the Spring Hill Invitational with a season-low team score of 332. Four Chieftains finished with individual scores of 83 at Sycamore Ridge Golf Course.
Each of the team’s top four golfers finished in the top-15 overall. Junior Drew Sandburg finished fifth, senior Aaron Williams came in seventh, and seniors Tyler Hall and Conner Kietzmann took 10th and 11th, respectively. Junior Nathaniel Laundy finished with a 91 and senior Zack Tallent rounded out team scoring with a 101.
The Chieftains finished even with Class 5A Mill Valley, but the Jaguars won the team title in a tiebreaker.
THS will be back in action at 3 p.m. Friday at the Wichita Collegiate Invitational at Cherry Oaks Golf Course in Cheney. The team finished second at last year’s tournament.
Overall team results
- Mill Valley, 332; 2. Tonganoxie, 332; 3. Piper, 336; 4. Paola, 350; 5. Ottawa, 367; 6. De Soto, 369; 7. Spring Hill, 378; 8. KC Christian, 379; 9. Louisburg, 390; Anderson County N/A; Osawatomie N/A
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Stolen goods from Joyland park found with Louie the Clown