Leavenworth County Fair schedule: Day 5
4-H, OPEN CLASS AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
4-H Horticulture Judging Contest
(Green Metal Building)
Ag Olympics—Sponsored by Bell 4-H Club
4-H Dog Agility Show
(Livestock Show Arena)
11 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Turtle Race registration, limit one turtle per child, Big Top Tent,
Bill Adams, superintendent (913) 306-5181
Turtle Races, Big Top Tent
Kids Pedal Tractor Pull
Demolition Derby, Grandstand
Admission: $10 for adults, $5 for youth 6-12 and free for children younger than 6 years.
MASTER GARDENER ACTIVITIES
• 10am-2pm.-How Do Plants Grow?
• A presentation and project for kids to see how a seed develops and names and functions of the different parts of the plant. Take home a lima bean with directions about how to grow it without soil. Do a crayon leaf rubbing and then use it to identify the tree.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- Kansas City streetcar construction to finish this fall