Many Nations pow wow returning to area next month
The Indian Council of Many Nations will have its annual summer pow wow later this month, including a buffalo roast dinner and entertainment.
The 51st annual pow wow will be Friday, Aug. 23, through Sunday, Aug. 25, at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds in Tonganoxie. This summer marks the fifth consecutive year it will take place in Tonganoxie.
There will be dancing and other events taking place throughout the pow wow, as well as a buffalo roast dinner 6-8 p.m. Aug. 23 at the fairgrounds for boosters.
For more information about becoming a booster and attending the buffalo meal, as well as the Indian Council of Many Nations Pow Wow in general, go to kc-icmn.org.
More like this story
- Kansas school funding dispute heading back to high court
- Judge won't hear retrial of man who punched his attorney
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday