Pastor’s Corner: Mike Bronson
There is a lot of stress and fear in today’s world. Everywhere you go, people are asking, “What is wrong with this world? Why is there such neglect and abuse? Why is there so much corruption? How did we lose the understanding of what is right and wrong?”
The answer is simple. We have neglected the God who created us. We have forsaken the Jesus who died for us. We are reaping what we have sown.
What’s the solution? Turn back to Jesus. Some of you reading this once walked with God. You repented of your sins. You publicly professed Jesus as Lord. You kept “short accounts” with Jesus. Today, you’ve fallen away from church. You’ve fallen away from Jesus. You’ve fallen away from his word.
Do you know that in these brief moments you are reading these words, you can change that! God is merciful and forgiving. His promise is amazing! In Zechariah 1:3 (HCSB) God said, “Return to Me” — this is the declaration of the lord of hosts— “and I will return to you.” What a word of hope!
Go back to church. Live for Jesus again. Put your hope in him. Open his word and obey it. Your life is not over. God is not done with you yet. You might be amazed at what God would do in your life, in this town and in this country if you would turn away from your sins and turn back to Him.
— Rev. Mike Bronson is pastor at West Haven Baptist Church in Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate panel to consider expanding liquor licenses
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Record Store Day, Malcolm Gladwell and Third Thursday
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures