Sunflowers soon to bloom on Grinter Farms near Tonganoxie
A popular backdrop for photos between Tonganoxie and Lawrence should be camera ready later this month.
Ted and Kris Grinter of Grinter Farms grow fields of sunflowers near U.S. Highway 24-40 between Tonganoxie and Lawrence.
Kris Grinter said the fields should be in full bloom by the last week of this month. Some might open up this week.
The 43 acres of sunflowers are roughly 4 miles south of Tonganoxie at 24154 Stillwell Road.
To get to the sunflower field, take U.S. Highway 24-40 from Tonganoxie. After going through the unincorporated town of Reno, take a right onto Stillwell Road (Leavenworth County Road 27).
Progress of the fields is updated at facebook.com/GrinterFarms.
More like this story
- Kansas Cosmosphere opens renovated planetarium
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Mike Vestal
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament