Accident sends Kansas City, Mo., motorcyclist to hospital
A motorcycle-vehicle accident sent a Kansas City, Mo., man to an area hospital early Tuesday evening.
The accident occurred about 5:30 p.m. at Honeycreek Road and U.S. Highway 24-40 about 1.5 miles south of Tonganoxie.
Ashley Wagner, 28, Leavenworth, was driving a 2007 Kia north on U.S. Highway 24-40 when she stopped in traffic.
Christopher R. Blum, 27, Kansas City, Mo., was on a 2005 Harley Davidson when his motorcycle struck the back of Wagner’s Kia.
Blum was not wearing a helmet, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
He was taken to Kansas University Hospital, reports said. An official there said he could neither confirm nor deny Blum was a patient.
More like this story
- Chietain wrestlers snag wins, build for future in at Salina
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers competing on Day 2 of state tournament
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory
- McLouth High baseketball teams' seasons end at sub-state
- Tonganoxie City Council to consider police station, other facilities