Accident sends Kansas City, Mo., motorcyclist to hospital
A motorcycle-vehicle accident sent a Kansas City, Mo., man to an area hospital early Tuesday evening.
The accident occurred about 5:30 p.m. at Honeycreek Road and U.S. Highway 24-40 about 1.5 miles south of Tonganoxie.
Ashley Wagner, 28, Leavenworth, was driving a 2007 Kia north on U.S. Highway 24-40 when she stopped in traffic.
Christopher R. Blum, 27, Kansas City, Mo., was on a 2005 Harley Davidson when his motorcycle struck the back of Wagner’s Kia.
Blum was not wearing a helmet, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
He was taken to Kansas University Hospital, reports said. An official there said he could neither confirm nor deny Blum was a patient.
More like this story
- Atchison thwarts Tonganoxie High volleyball push for another state berth
- Tonganoxie volleyball takes 3rd at home invitational
- Tonganoxie High volleyball 5th at Rossville Invitational
- Tonganoxie soccer seeks unbeaten mark
- Tonganoxie High boys soccer ties KC Christian on Senior Night, finishes regular season unbeaten