California man killed in Tonganoxie one-vehicle accident
A California man was killed in a one-vehicle accident Wednesday night after his vehicle struck a traffic signal pole.
The accident occurred before 10 p.m. at U.S. Highway 24-40 and Main Street in Tonganoxie.
Uriel Linaresrodriguez, 32, Oxnard, Calif., was driving a 2013 Altima west on U.S. 24-40 when, for an unknown reason, he left the road and struck the light pole.
He was not wearing a seat belt, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
Tonganoxie City Administrator Nathan McCommon said the traffic signal was damaged beyond repair. Temporary flash signals have been installed. McCommon said commuters should be additionally cautious on the road when approaching the intersection.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Tonganoxie Civic Club
- Tonganoxie box social proves to be lucrative fundraiser
- Leadership group, local realtors partner to bring SAFE benefits to Leavenworth County emergency responders
- Derby police to give school officers body cameras
- Wichita School District to use bus drivers as custodians