California man killed in Tonganoxie one-vehicle accident
A California man was killed in a one-vehicle accident Wednesday night after his vehicle struck a traffic signal pole.
The accident occurred before 10 p.m. at U.S. Highway 24-40 and Main Street in Tonganoxie.
Uriel Linaresrodriguez, 32, Oxnard, Calif., was driving a 2013 Altima west on U.S. 24-40 when, for an unknown reason, he left the road and struck the light pole.
He was not wearing a seat belt, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
Tonganoxie City Administrator Nathan McCommon said the traffic signal was damaged beyond repair. Temporary flash signals have been installed. McCommon said commuters should be additionally cautious on the road when approaching the intersection.
More like this story
- Organization Orientation: Tonganoxie Civic Club
- Tonganoxie box social proves to be lucrative fundraiser
- Southern Leavenworth County Leadership Development seeking applicants for 2015-16
- Donation account created for toddler injured in lawnmower accident
- Auction for KU basketball shirt to benefit memorial scholarship fund