Head-on wreck sends 2 Tonganoxie residents to area hospitals
A three-vehicle accident sent two people to area hospitals Tuesday night.
The accident occurred about 5:45 p.m. on U.S. Highway 24-40 near County Road 1 about a half-mile south of Tonganoxie.
Martin Reilly, 14, Tonganoxie, was driving a 1992 Mercury south on U.S. Highway 24-40 when he went left of center. His vehicle struck a 2012 Ford Fusion driven by Sarah Kay Henricks, 35, Tonganoxie, head on, according to Kansas Highway Patrol reports.
Richard Wise, 22, De Soto, also was driving a 2004 Chevrolet Impala north on U.S. 24-40 behind Henricks and also struck her vehicle.
Henricks was taken to Kansas University Hospital. A hospital official there said Friday that she was in serious condition.
Reilly was taken to Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
All three were wearing seat belts, according to reports.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Michelle McGhee
- Education focus: Academic boot camp program puts veterans back in the classroom
- Wichita teachers challenged to teach refugee children
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie educator Nichole Gurwell
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education