Head-on wreck sends 2 Tonganoxie residents to area hospitals
A three-vehicle accident sent two people to area hospitals Tuesday night.
The accident occurred about 5:45 p.m. on U.S. Highway 24-40 near County Road 1 about a half-mile south of Tonganoxie.
Martin Reilly, 14, Tonganoxie, was driving a 1992 Mercury south on U.S. Highway 24-40 when he went left of center. His vehicle struck a 2012 Ford Fusion driven by Sarah Kay Henricks, 35, Tonganoxie, head on, according to Kansas Highway Patrol reports.
Richard Wise, 22, De Soto, also was driving a 2004 Chevrolet Impala north on U.S. 24-40 behind Henricks and also struck her vehicle.
Henricks was taken to Kansas University Hospital. A hospital official there said Friday that she was in serious condition.
Reilly was taken to Overland Park Regional Medical Center.
All three were wearing seat belts, according to reports.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas closer to allowing concealed carry with no permit
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Tonganoxie baseball setting sights on return trip to state
- Kansas Senate approves concealed carry of guns without training or permit