Warrior wrestlers win Clark Invitational
The Tonganoxie Middle School wrestling team ended its season on a high note Saturday, winning the Robert Clark Invitational in Bonner Springs.
Powered by four individual tiles and two runner-up finishes, the Warriors claimed the team title with 227 points — 57.5 more than the runner-up, the Clark Middle School gold team.
Korbin Riedel (105 pounds), Caden Searcy (115), Gad Huseman (120) and Justin Hand (134) each won individual titles. Riedel and Searcy went 4-0, while Huseman and Hand went 3-0.
Aiden McClellan (100) and Dalton Hull (155) took second in their respective weight classes.
Hand finished the season a perfect 21-0, breaking the school record for wins in a season. He also broke the TMS single-season pin record with 18. Riedel (18-1 overall) tied a school record with 15 three-point near falls, and Patterson Starcher (16-2) set the mark for two-point near falls with 22.
Other Warriors to finish with 12 or more wins were Cole Addie (16-2), McClellan (16-3), Hull (15-2), Holden DeGraff (14-5), Searcy (13-0), Brady Zule (13-2), Gad Huseman (13-2), Gavin Elston (13-5), Zeb Huseman (12-0) and Ashton Truitt (12-3).
More like this story
- Free cancer screening to be offered May 30 in Tonganoxie
- Tonganoxie Community Historical Society soup and chili feed today at Methodist church
- 2015 McLouth High spring sports schedules
- Annual St. Patrick's Parade set for March 14
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event