Also from December 12
What was the top local sports moment of 2013?
|Marc Walbridge goes 7-of-7 passing at Shrine Bowl, helps end East losing streak||26%|
|THS football posts best regular-season record since 2006, wins another district title||20%|
|THS wrestling wins first-ever regional title, places 10th at state||11%|
|McLouth football returns to playoffs, caps off 23-7 records since 2011||10%|
|Jenny Whitledge three-peats as state high jump champion||6%|
|THS girls basketball earns first state bid in six years||5%|
|THS boys soccer reaches fifth straight regional title game||4%|
|THS softball has first winning season since 2007||3%|
|Ryan Bristol becomes McLouth’s first state cross country qualifier since 2004||3%|
|Cole Holloway, Jessica Rubio win state powerlifting titles||3%|
|THS girls soccer reaches state quarterfinals for second straight year||1%|
- McLouth basketball teams fall to 0-2
- December 12, 2013
- After two games, both McLouth High basketball teams are still in search of their first win of 2013-14.
- Rural Tonganoxie woman injured in utility vehicle accident
- December 12, 2013
- A rural Tonganoxie woman was taken to an area hospital late Thursday morning after a utility vehicle rolled over her on 235th Street.
- Kansas state school funding falling short of legislators’ plan
- 11:26 a.m., December 12, 2013 Updated 11:26 a.m.
- Public schools will have less money per student than the Legislature intended when making the recent state budget, unless Gov. Sam Brownback and legislators provide more money when the 2014 legislative session starts next month.
- From tragedy to triumph: Former Basehor reporter publishes book
- 09:56 a.m., December 12, 2013 Updated 09:56 a.m.
- Andy Marso, who covered Basehor-Linwood High School sports for the Basehor Sentinel in 2005, has published a book about his fight with meningitis and writes about Basehor and the community’s support during the most difficult time in his life.