Psalm 147:5 “Great is the Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.”
One of the factors that intensifies emotional pain is the sense that we carry our pain alone — we often convince ourselves that our plan is unique to all other human experience.
While it may be difficult to find another person in our immediate surroundings who can identify with what we feel, there is one who understands completely. God’s understanding is infinite, i.e., there is no human motive or anguish that he does not fully comprehend.
Even when our reasoning is inaccurate, God understands the pain that can crush the human heart.
For every person carrying emotional anguish due to experiences that are now hidden by time and forgotten by many, there is someone who understands. Jesus expressed the same thought in the New Testament, “Come unto me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest (Matthew 11:28).”
We are not required to experience pain alone, for God’s understanding is infinite.
Have a blessed day.
— Rev. Matt Sanders is pastor of Victory Baptist Church in Tonganoxie, firstname.lastname@example.org (vbctonganoxie.com).
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Former Kansas superintendent and 2 others sue over firings
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation