GCA student wins state poster award
A Genesis Christian Academy student has been named a State Fire Marshal Fire Prevention Poster winner.
Mady Tower, daughter of Travis and Becky Tower, Basehor, won the grades 4-6 category. She’s a fifth-grader at GCA.
The competition coincided with Fire Prevention Week Oct. 6-12. The fire marshal’s office sponsored the inaugural contest, which was designed to support fire safety education efforts of local fire departments.
For the K-3 category, Steven Baker, second-grader at Broken Arrow Elementary School in Shawnee, and Holly Forge, second-grader from Pleasant Ridge Elementary in Easton, tied for the top spot.
All poster submissions will be displayed in the State Capitol rotunda Jan. 21-24. The three winners will meet Jorgensen and Gov. Sam Brownback at a later date when they will receive certificates.
Winning posters are featured at ksfm.ks.gov.
More like this story
- Genesis Christian Academy student wins poster contestant, meets governor
- Genesis Christian Academy to remember Andrews with run/walk gathering Tuesday morning at Chieftain Park
- Tonganoxie's Genesis Christian Academy fundraiser to feature castle
- TNC residents, GCA students become pen pals
- Genesis Christian Academy students race mealworms for annual event