Tonganoxie City Council agenda for Feb. 11
I. Pledge of Allegiance
II. Consent Agenda
a) Approval of Minutes – Regular Meeting dated January 28, 2013
b) Consider Approval of Bills - Approve Pay Ordinance A-1700
c) Consider approval of payment to Moody’s Investor Services for fees associated with the bond rating in the amount of $12,500.00
d) Consider approval of payment to State Treasurer for registration fees for the new bonds in the amount of $7,360.00.
e) Consider approval of payment to the Tonganoxie Library Board for payment of property taxes in the amount of $139,893.03.
f) Consider approval of payment to Honeycreek Disposal for solid waste disposal in the amount of $22,779.75.
g) Consider approval of payment to Midwest Public Risk for February Health Benefits in the amount of $30,506.00.
h) Consider approval of payment to Olathe Winwater Works for water treatment supplies in the amount of $3,128.44.
i) Consider approval of payment to Springsted Incorporated for bond issuance service fees in the amount of $22954.17.
j) Consider approval of payment to Westar Energy for monthly electric bills and street lights in the amount of $8,246.63.
“Members of the public are welcome to use this time to comment about any matter relating to City business. The comments that are discussed under Open Agenda may or may not be acted upon by the Council during this meeting. Please wait to be recognized by the Mayor, then state your name and address and all comments are to be directed to the chair.”
III. Old Business
a) Update on PWWSD#6 review of submitted termination language in order to enter an operating agreement with Public Wholesale Water Supply District #6 and #9 and authorizing a minimum purchase of $3,300 per year from the Water Operating Fund
b) Update on Chieftain Trail
c) Update on city property sale: 636 E. 3rd and 301 S. Main
d) Update on U.S. 24-40 Highway improvements
IV. New Business
a) Request approval to purchase a software patch linking police and court systems
b) Request approval to reclassify a Police Officer position to a Police Sergeant for internal promotion
c) City Administrator Agenda
- Update on the Downtown Revolving Loan Program
- Discussion of City of the Second Class: Compensation for City elected officials
d) City Attorney Agenda
1. First Reading, an ordinance repealing certain sections of Article 3, Fireworks, of Chapter 7 of the Code of Ordinances and replacing same for the purpose of defining the authority to ban the sale and use of fireworks in the city limits and providing public notice of such ban
- Request approval of Ordinance No. 1356 – An ordinance to provide more effective enforcement for addressing inoperable vehicles
e) Mayor Agenda
f) Council President Agenda
g) City Council Agenda
- Retail Commercial Development Committee Report – Bill Peak
h) Approval of Ordinance No. 1350 - Amending Ordinance No. 1342 Retail Attraction and Retention Incentive Program, repealing Section 2A sales tax rebate incentives
- Infrastructure Committee Report – Jim Truesdell
- Industrial Park Committee Report – Chris Donnelly
- Update on fireproof storage in city hall – Bill Peak
V. Information and Communications (No Action Required)
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Kansas considers changes to policies for state workers
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck