Early postcards to be topic of historical society meeting
Erika Nelson, an independent artist, educator and director of the World’s Largest Things Inc., will present “The Tall-Tale Postcards of Dad Martin and Pop Conrad” during the Tonganoxie Community Historical Society’s monthly meeting next week.
The presentation, which will take a look at Martin and Conrad, two early pioneers of trick photography and printing from the early 1900s through 1940, will start at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 26, at the Tonganoxie Community Historic Site, 201 W. Washington St., in Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas governor talks tax policy with Missouri lawmakers
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Bill would prohibit public agencies and schools in Kansas from collecting union dues
- Officials to discuss program for Kansas food aid recipients