McLouth Round-Up: Feb. 19
McLouth wrestlers finish season at regional tourney
McLouth High wrestlers Wyatt Farris and Wyatt Troupe saw their season come to an end Saturday at the Class 3-2-1A regional tournament in Onaga.
Farris, a senior, went 2-2 and came within one win of a state bid in the 195-pound bracket. He won his opening match against Marysville’s Brandon Escocio, 5-1, but was pinned by Riley County’s Josh Brazzle in the quarterfinals. Farris pinned Dalton Massek of Silver Lake to get within one match of the consolation semifinals, but was eliminated in a 12-9 loss to Aaron Brown of Pleasant Ridge.
Troupe, a sophomore at 160 pounds, was knocked out with losses against Marysville’s Josh Nelson and Wathena-Riverside’s Brandon Wolfing.
MHS boys defeat Immaculata
The McLouth High boys basketball team bounced back from a loss to undefeated Atchison County with a 46-30 win against Leavenworth-Immaculata Friday at home.
The Bulldogs (10-8, 7-4 Delaware Valley League) jumped out to a 25-16 lead at halftime, and the Raiders never threatened after the break.
Carter Gish led MHS with 18 points, while Dakota Cop added 17. The team traveled Tuesday to Maur Hill.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department fire calls, April 13-May 3, 2015
- Farmers eager for drones, but most can't legally fly them
- Frese: Push for Tonganoxie Public Libary expansion starts with Saturday run
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball