McLouth hoops teams learn sub-state assignments
The McLouth High boys are seeded fifth and the girls seventh in their respective Class 2A sub-state brackets, released Wednesday by the Kansas State High School Activities Association.
The boys (10-9) will travel Monday to Onaga for their opening round game. The winner will advance to the semifinals to play either top-seeded Valley falls or the winner of No. 8 Oskaloosa and No. 9 Doniphan West.
Other first-round boys games are No. 7 Leavenworth-Immaculata at No. 2 Jefferson County North and No. 6 Troy at No. 3 Jackson Heights.
The MHS girls (3-16) will open Tuesday at No. 2 Doniphan West. The winner will play either No. 1 JCN or the winner of No. 8 Jackson Heights and No. 9 Oskaloosa.
Other first-round girls games are No. 5 Onaga at No. 4 Troy, and No. 6 Immacuata at No. 3 Valley Falls.
Sub-state and championship games will be played at Oskaloosa. The boys semifinals are scheduled for Thursday and the girls games are on Friday. Both title games will take place Saturday.
More like this story
- HHS says cost of 'silver' health plans to rise in Kansas
- Kansas man sentenced for 17th drunken driving conviction
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- Mill Valley proves to be too much for THS baseball