THS boys, girls seeded fourth in sub-state brackets
The Tonganoxie High boys and girls basketball teams are both seeded fourth in their respective Class 4A sub-state brackets, released Wednesday by the Kansas State High School Activities Association.
The Chieftain boys (8-11) have the same win-loss record as Bonner Springs, but won the tiebreaker because they defeated the Braves in a head-to-head meeting earlier this season. They'll welcome fifth-seeded BSHS to town for opening round action at 7 p.m. Monday. The winner will take on the winner of No. 1 Piper and No. 8 Perry-Lecompton on Thursday.
Other first-round boys games are No. 7 Atchison at No. 2 Basehor-Linwood and No. 6 Bishop Ward at No. 3 Sumner Academy.
The Chieftain girls (12-7) finished in a tie for third with Piper, but the teams split a pair of regular season meetings. The Pirates won a coin flip to receive the No. 3 seed. THS will play host to fifth-seeded Sumner Academy (8-11) at 7 p.m. Tuesday. The winner will play the winner of No. 1 Bonner Springs and No. 8 Perry-Lecompton in Friday's semifinal round.
In other first-round games, No. 7 Bishop Ward will travel to No. 2 Atchison and No. 6 Basehor-Linwood will head to No. 3 Piper.
All semifinal and championship games will be played at Tonganoxie High. The winner of each sub-state tournament will advance to the state tournament, scheduled for March 6-9 in Salina.
More like this story
- Tyson plant opponents pack Leavenworth County Commission meeting
- Leavenworth County commissioners revoke bond support for proposed Tyson chicken plant near Tonganoxie
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- Cornerstone Family Worship inviting community to celebrate opening Sunday
- Cornerstone Family Worship closer to new home's completion