Council reschedules meeting; trash service delayed
The Tonganoxie City Council will have its regular meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday in council chambers, 321 Delaware.
The council was scheduled to meet Monday, but the governing body postponed the meeting because of the inclement weather that moved in late Monday afternoon. Several other cancellations and postponements occurred because of the weather. Tonganoxie USD 464, Genesis Christian Academy and McLouth USD 342 canceled Tuesday classes and high school sub-state basketball games scheduled for Monday and Tuesday were moved to Wednesday. Tonganoxie Community Historical Society canceled its monthly meeting Tuesday and Tonganoxie City Hall was closed Tuesday because of the inclement weather. USD 464 and Genesis Christian Academy canceled classes for Wednesday as well.
Trash service scheduled for Tuesday was delayed until Wednesday morning. Also, anyone who has Friday trash service can put three additional 30-gallon bags next to their trash bin. The date is one of a few designated during the year on which residents can place additional items for curbside pickup.
More like this story
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Tonganoxie High schedule of events for state track
- Hollywood Casino delays start of hotel project
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Kara Reed
- Flash flood warning in effect for Leavenworth County, parts of Wyandotte, Johnson counties