Jenkins to visit city Friday
U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Topeka, will visit Tonganoxie for a listening session for Leavenworth County and surrounding residents as part of her Congress to Kansas tour.
The event, which is open to the public, will be 9-10 a.m. Friday at the Tonganoxie Public Library, 303 S. Bury.
“Regularly meeting with the folks at home is one of the most important and enjoyable duties of a representative in Congress,” Jenkins said. “As my Congress to Kansas tour continues over the next few weeks, I hope to hear from many Kansans. I’m looking forward to listening to their concerns, asking questions and finding solutions that will really make a difference in their lives.”
More like this story
- Kansas: No court order needed for same-sex birth certificate
- Tonganoxie, McLouth teams prepare for regional, substate assignments
- THS softball gets back in win column
- Shooting at Overland Park duplex kills woman, wounds girl
- Off-duty Shawnee firefighter administers CPR to 4-year-old at Tonganoxie Water Park