Linwood man injured Monday in K-32 two-vehicle accident
A 36-year-old Linwood man was injured in a two-vehicle accident about 11:20 a.m. Monday near Linwood.
Christopher W. Collins was driving a 1988 Chevrolet vehicle west on Kansas Highway 32 while Michael P. McCleary, 49, Linwood, was driving east on K-32 in a 2006 Ford F-150. McCleary failed to yield attempting to turn north, or left, onto 206th Street and the vehicles collided, according to Kansas Highway Patrol reports.
McCleary was wearing a seat belt, while Collins was not, reports said.
Collins was taken to Kansas University Hospital. An official there did not have information on Collins’ condition Tuesday morning.
The accident happened about 3 miles west of Linwood in southern Leavenworth County.
More like this story
- Kansas bill would require parental consent for sex education
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation