Linwood man injured Monday in K-32 two-vehicle accident
A 36-year-old Linwood man was injured in a two-vehicle accident about 11:20 a.m. Monday near Linwood.
Christopher W. Collins was driving a 1988 Chevrolet vehicle west on Kansas Highway 32 while Michael P. McCleary, 49, Linwood, was driving east on K-32 in a 2006 Ford F-150. McCleary failed to yield attempting to turn north, or left, onto 206th Street and the vehicles collided, according to Kansas Highway Patrol reports.
McCleary was wearing a seat belt, while Collins was not, reports said.
Collins was taken to Kansas University Hospital. An official there did not have information on Collins’ condition Tuesday morning.
The accident happened about 3 miles west of Linwood in southern Leavenworth County.
More like this story
- Kansas student says flying Confederate flag not meant to be racist
- Tonganoxie School Board again tables contract decision for Parker; 200 attend meeting
- Kansas education's new vision focuses on nonacademic skills
- Local attorney faces incumbent in school board race
- Kansas Statehouse roiled by 'religious freedom' issue