Stewart, Walbridge selected for Shrine Bowl
McLouth High's football season came to an end nearly two months ago, but head coach Chris Stewart and senior quarterback Marc Walbridge will have one more opportunity to share the field.
Stewart and Walbridge have been selected to participate in the 40th annual Kansas Shrine Bowl. The yearly all-star game, which features high school seniors from across the state, will be played on July 27 at Washburn University in Topeka.
Walbridge led MHS to an 8-1 regular season record and an appearance in the Class 2-1A playoffs in 2012. He threw for 1,662 yards and 21 touchdowns in his final high school campaign.
Stewart, who arrived at McLouth prior to the 2008 season, has coached the Bulldogs to a combined 16-4 record in the last two years. The team's district title and playoff appearance this past season were the first since 2005.
More like this story
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation