Oskaloosa man killed in single-vehicle accident Sunday morning in western Leavenworth County
A 25-year-old Oskaloosa man was killed in a single-vehicle accident early Sunday morning in western Leavenworth County.
Lee A. King died when the Nissan pickup truck he was a passenger in overturned as the vehicle made a left turn from Ragtown Road onto 251st Street at 4:30 a.m., according to the Leavenworth County Sheriff's Office.
King was partially ejected from the vehicle during the accident and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver, 18-year-old Topeka man William J. Kelly, was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
Neither man was wearing seatbelts, according to police.
The initial police report did not indicate whether alcohol was a factor in the accident.
The accident scene is about 6 miles northwest of Tonganoxie.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: a place for good jazz, eats; Starlight lets it go
- Some Wichita city officials open to discuss Confederate flag
- Tonganoxie Elementary School wins state title in Music Memory
- Madrigal Feaste brings in more than 400 for this year's two-night holiday event
- Return of Mr. Van's band in Tonganoxie for summer celebration