Knights of Columbus to sponsor annual free throw contest
Tonganoxie Knights of Columbus will sponsor its annual youth free-throw championship.
Local competition begins 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, with the girls competition. The boys will begin at 12:30 p.m.
Registration will be 11 a.m. for all participants at the Tonganoxie Middle School gymnasium. Winners at the local championship will advance to districts. If they continue to win, they would advance to regional and state competitions.
International champions are announced by the Knights of Columbus International headquarters based on scores from the state-level competitions.
All boys and girls ages 10-14 are eligible to participate and will compete in their respective age divisions.
All contestants on the local level are recognized for their participation in the event. Participants are required to furnish proof of age and written parental consent. For entry forms or additional information, contact Mark Newson at 913-400-1114.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Eating recommendations for moms (and everyone else)
- Kansas City Connection: Grinders Pizza and Celebration at the Station
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Kansas City Connection: Sushi and Sufjan
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament