Brackets released for Tonganoxie Invitational
Brackets for next week's Tonganoxie Invitational basketball tournament have been released. The boys and girls teams will each welcome seven schools to town for the annual tournament, which starts Monday.
The Tonganoxie girls will open tournament play at 6 p.m. Immediately following the conclusion of that game, the Chieftain boys will face De Soto, which won last year's tournament.
The winner of the girls game will face the winner of Chanute and Atchison in the semifinals. Other girls teams in the tournament are 2012 champion Silver Lake, Lansing, De Soto and Bishop Seabury. The boys winner will play the winner of Blue Valley Southwest and Bishop Seabury for a spot in the finals. Lansing, Eudora, Holton and Atchison round out the boys bracket.
Tournament coverage will be available throughout the week on The Mirror's website. Like us on Facebook or follow us at twitter.com/tonganoxie for live score updates. Use the hashtag #MirrorSports to join the conversation on Twitter.
More like this story
- Kansas attorney general appoints new civil litigation chief
- Police officer lauded for how he handled shoplifting case
- Soles for souls: Tonganoxie church collects shoes to raise money for religious studies
- Tonganoxie baseball setting sights on return trip to state
- Tonganoxie, McLouth student-athletes named to all-Lawrence Journal-World teams