Basehor man killed in Kansas City, Kan., shooting
A Basehor resident was killed in a double shooting Wednesday night in Kansas City, Kan.
When police responded to a noise disturbance call at 7:45 p.m. in the 8200 block of Monroe Drive, near State Avenue and 82nd Street, they discovered that Matthew D. Gibson, 19, and another person had been shot.
Public Information Officer Patrick McCallop said Gibson died at the scene and the other person, who police did not name, was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The Kansas City Kansas Police Department still is investigating the crime and has yet to name any suspects.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS.
More like this story
- Suspect in homicide case takes authorities on vehicle chase that ends in Basehor
- Bonner Springs man identified as Perry Lake drowning victim
- Trial begins in robbery shooting of Wyandotte County deputy
- Remember When: A Community Review for July 5, 2017
- McLouth basketball player named to all-Northeast Kansas League team; THS representatives on all-Journal-World list