Basehor man killed in Kansas City, Kan., shooting
A Basehor resident was killed in a double shooting Wednesday night in Kansas City, Kan.
When police responded to a noise disturbance call at 7:45 p.m. in the 8200 block of Monroe Drive, near State Avenue and 82nd Street, they discovered that Matthew D. Gibson, 19, and another person had been shot.
Public Information Officer Patrick McCallop said Gibson died at the scene and the other person, who police did not name, was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The Kansas City Kansas Police Department still is investigating the crime and has yet to name any suspects.
Anyone with information about the crime is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS.
More like this story
- Kansas: 1 dead, 1 injured in overnight I-70 shooting
- Murder suspect caught in city
- Three victims identified in Ottawa homicide; police searching for missing child; "person of interest" being questioned
- KCK police need assistance locating person of interest
- A year later, family still wondering who killed Tonganoxie woman