Meeting to gauge interest for American Legion Ladies Auxiliary
A meeting to discuss bringing back an American Legion Ladies Auxiliary to Tonganoxie will take place from 2-4 p.m. Sunday, Jan. 20, at Mirth Cafe Too, 1212 E. U.S. Highway 24-40 in Tonganoxie.
Free coffee will be served during the informational meeting for anyone interested in becoming a member of the potential group.
The auxiliary is open to mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, grandaughters, great-granddaughters or grandmothers of American Legion members or deceased veterans who served in various U.S. Armed Forces war eras.
Junior membership is available to anyone younger than 18 who is an immediate family member of an American Legion member or deceased veteran.
Connie Kleinschmidt, who is working to organize the group, said Tonganoxie hasn’t had an American Legion Women’s Auxiliary group for several years.
For more information, contact Kleinschmidt at 979-308-5222.
More like this story
- Kansas House passes teacher collective bargaining compromise
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Brownback urges Kansas House to pass GOP school funding plan
- Kansas ponders new protections for campus religious groups
- Kansas headed toward another school finance debate next year