Jarbalo United Methodist Women met Wednesday, Jan. 9, at the church. President Marilyn Oxley opened the meeting and Pastor Larry Grove gave a prayer.
Six members answered roll call and reported 34 care calls. Elaine Onasch became a new member. The group voted to change the meeting time to 3 p.m. so Faye Cleavinger could get there on time after work.
Correspondence was read. Frances Jeannin read an article called “A Matter of Faith,” and another entitled “Which are You?” The group filled out program books for 2013.The meeting closed with the group repeating the UMW purpose.
Frances Jeannin served refreshments to Marilyn Oxley, Pastor Grove, Elaine Onasch, Faye Cleavinger and Thamar Barnett.
Bible study at Jarbalo United Methodist Church resumed Thursday. It takes place from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. every Thursday. Anyone is welcome.
Frances Jeannin attended the funeral of Mary Walker at the Tonganoxie Christian Church.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Employer sent to prison for hiring workers illegally in U.S.