McLouth boys beat Jeff West to open home tourney
The McLouth High boys are in the semifinals of their home tournament after Tuesday's 54-50 win against Jeff West in the opening round.
The Bulldogs (6-4) found themselves in a 9-9 tie with the Tigers after one quarter, but took control when they outscored their opponent by a 22-9 margin in the second. Jeff West trimmed the deficit to six by the end of the third, but MHS regained its composure in the final period to secure the win.
Carter Gish and Nick McAferty led the Bulldogs with 14 and 13 points, respectively. McLouth will next face Atchison County Community High School at 7:45 p.m. Friday. ACCHS reached the semis with a 63-27 win against Oskaloosa.
Valley Falls 55, Maranatha 51
ACCHS 63, Oskaloosa 27
JC North 73, Heritage Christian 44
McLouth 54, Jeff West 50
Maranatha vs. Heritage Christian (Consolation 1, Purple gym), 6 p.m.
Valley Falls vs. JC North (Semifinal 1, Gold gym), 6:15 p.m.
Jeff West vs. Oskaloosa (Consolation 2, Purple gym), 7:30 p.m.
McLouth vs. ACCHS (Semifinal 2, Gold gym), 7:45 p.m.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Tonganoxie churches offering free eyeglass exams
- Report: Kansas wheat faring mostly well so far this winter
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state