McLouth boys fall to Tigers in MIT semis
The McLouth High boys trailed by just one point at the start of the fourth quarter, but couldn't keep up late in a 49-39 semifinal loss to Atchison County Community High School Friday in the McLouth Invitational.
The Bulldogs (6-5) jumped out to an 18-13 lead at halftime, but were outscored by a 13-7 margin in the third quarter. ACCHS kept its foot on the gas in the final period to earn a spot in the tournament championship game.
Drew Cerny led MHS with 15 points and Carter Gish added 11. The Bulldogs will play Jefferson County North in the third-place game at 5:30 p.m. Saturday in the gold gymnasium. The Chargers suffered a 51-47 defeat against Valley Falls on Friday.
Maranatha 77, Heritage Christian 74
Valley Falls 51, JC North 47
Jeff West 60, Oskaloosa 37
ACCHS 49, McLouth 39
Oskaloosa vs. Heritage Christian (Seventh-place, Purple gym), 4 p.m.
Jeff West vs. Maranatha (Fifth-place, Gold gym), 4 p.m.
McLouth vs. JC North (Third-place, Gold gym), 5:30 p.m.
ACCHS vs. Valley Falls (Championship, Gold gym), 7 p.m.
More like this story
- Wanted: Mural ideas for Tonganoxie
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Police were on scene when Tonganoxie principal left campus; sheriff's office conducting investigation
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck