McLouth boys take fourth at home tournament
The McLouth High boys scored just seven points in the first half and suffered a 50-29 defeat against Jefferson County North in the third-place game of the McLouth Invitational.
The Bulldogs (6-6) fell behind after one quarter, 12-6, and managed just one point in the second. The Chargers took advantage and stretched their lead to 23-7 at the break. MHS scored 22 points after halftime, but the final outcome was never in question.
Nick McAferty led McLouth with eight points. The Bulldogs will try to get back into the win column when they travel Thursday to Maranatha.
Oskaloosa 58, Heritage Christian 47 (Seventh-place game)
Jeff West 66, Maranatha 41 (Fifth-place game)
JC North 50, McLouth 29 (Third-place game)
ACCHS 53, Valley Falls 48 (Championship game)
More like this story
- Kansas school funding plan aimed at ending budget surprises
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- K-State's response to open records request shows difficulty
- State board told Attorney General's office can't advise it