Most candidates running unopposed in April election
Many Tonganoxie City Council and Tonganoxie USD 464 School Board races will be uncontested this spring.
The filing deadline was noon Tuesday. Leavenworth County Clerk Janet Klasinski said all incumbents had filed for this year’s election.
Candidates for Tonganoxie City Council: current members Andy Gilner, Jim Truesdell and Chris Donnelly.
For school board all incumbents filed, as well as one challenger: Dan Hopkins, incumbent, Position 4; Kay Smith, incumbent, Position 5; and Kris Grinter, incumbent, and Michelle McGhee, challenger, Position 6.
More like this story
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Push on to make catfish a Kansas state symbol