Most candidates running unopposed in April election
Many Tonganoxie City Council and Tonganoxie USD 464 School Board races will be uncontested this spring.
The filing deadline was noon Tuesday. Leavenworth County Clerk Janet Klasinski said all incumbents had filed for this year’s election.
Candidates for Tonganoxie City Council: current members Andy Gilner, Jim Truesdell and Chris Donnelly.
For school board all incumbents filed, as well as one challenger: Dan Hopkins, incumbent, Position 4; Kay Smith, incumbent, Position 5; and Kris Grinter, incumbent, and Michelle McGhee, challenger, Position 6.
More like this story
- Kansas officials hope budget puzzle pieces drop into place
- Feds: Hotel owners replaced legal workers with immigrants
- Analysis: Kansas GOP lawmakers set up debate on higher taxes
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives