Most candidates running unopposed in April election
Many Tonganoxie City Council and Tonganoxie USD 464 School Board races will be uncontested this spring.
The filing deadline was noon Tuesday. Leavenworth County Clerk Janet Klasinski said all incumbents had filed for this year’s election.
Candidates for Tonganoxie City Council: current members Andy Gilner, Jim Truesdell and Chris Donnelly.
For school board all incumbents filed, as well as one challenger: Dan Hopkins, incumbent, Position 4; Kay Smith, incumbent, Position 5; and Kris Grinter, incumbent, and Michelle McGhee, challenger, Position 6.
More like this story
- Kansas governor wants no tax debate, expects no budget drama
- Not trusting 'the feds,' Kansas House gives first approval to new constitutional convention
- Kansas oil and gas industries suffer while wind industry prospers
- Kansas bill to impeach top court judges advances in Senate; would allow impeachment of governor, too
- Brownback budget plan targets bioscience fund, corrections, highway patrol