Basehor man dies in head-on collision on U.S. 24-40
An 86-year-old Basehor man has died after a two-vehicle head-on collision in southern Leavenworth Country, Wednesday afternoon.
Thomas Dale Holland, driving a 2002 Ford Ranger pickup truck westbound on U.S. Highway 24-40, crossed the center line striking the driver's side of a 2002 silver Dodge Caravan, driven by Caitlyn A. Coon, 19, also of Basehor.
Holland's vehicle overturned landing on the driver's side in the west ditch, killing Holland.
Coon was transported to Kansas University Hospital with unknown injuries.
The accident occurred around 4:30 p.m., at 25112 Chieftain Road, or U.S. Highway 24-40, about four miles south of Tonganoxie.
Coon was wearing a seat belt; Holland was not, Kansas Highway Patrol reports said.
An official at KU Hospital could neither confirm nor deny Coon was a patient Thursday morning.
More like this story
- Brains bring bank for Tonganoxie High School
- 3 suspects in custody after high-speed police chase ends in Lawrence
- The beetle hunter: KU entomologist on quest to identify insects of Peru
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Tonganoxie City Council agenda for April 6, 2015