One traffic fatality, 37 DUI arrests, reported by KHP over Fourth of July weekend
The Kansas Highway Patrol responded to one fatal vehicle accident that resulted in one death over the Fourth of July holiday weekend from July 3 to July 7, according to a news release issued by the KHP.
The fatal accident was not alcohol-related. Last year, the patrol responded to two fatal accidents between July 3 and July 4.
During this year's holiday, the KHP also arrested 37 people for DUI, wrote 1,407 speeding tickets and issued 613 citations for seat-belt and child restraint violations. Patrol officers stopped to assist more than 1,500 motorists.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie football blanks Bishop Ward, 42-0
- Lansing spoils Tonganoxie homecoming game with big second half
- Tonganoxie football holds on again after big lead for 2nd victory of season
- Tonganoxie football staves off Perry-Lecompton rally for first victory
- De Soto hands Tonganoxie football second straight loss