Farm, ranch tour next month
The Leavenworth County Beef Improvement Association will have its annual “Farm and Ranch Tour” Saturday, Aug. 24.
Each year a different farm or ranch hosts the event which includes live entertainment, beef barbecue and educational as well as entertaining speakers. This year the Tour will be hosted by the 4B Gelbvieh Ranch, home of Steve and Anna Buffo, 1006 South Main, just south of Lansing.
LCBIA also has a scholarship program. Leavenworth County students pursuing an agriculture-related major are eligible. may apply who either reside or attend school in Leavenworth County and pursue a major course of study in an agriculture related field.
The Farm and Ranch Tour is LCBIA’s main fundraiser for its scholarship program. This year there will be an auction. To donate items or be involved otherwise, contact president Dirck Hoagland at 816-225-1246, or scholarship chairman Kirk Sours at 816-805-7979.
The Tour is open to the public. Advance tickets will be available at the LCBIA table in the Show Pavilion during the Leavenworth County Fair. Tickets are $10 each and may also be purchased at the gate on Tour Day or call one of numbers listed above.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High baseball players, alums help area team win state USSSA baseball tournament
- Atchison thwarts Tonganoxie High volleyball push for another state berth
- Piper boys end Tonganoxie's season at PHS
- Tonganoxie High seniors shine in boys basketball regular-season finale
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie City Council's Curtis Oroke