Leavenworth County Fair kicks off in Tonganoxie
Tonganoxie is hopping this week with the Leavenworth County Fair.
The fair, which has taken place every year since 1926 in Leavenworth County, started earlier this week at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds.
The annual parade took place Tuesday through downtown Tonganoxie.
Exhibits will be open throughout the fair, with entertainment planned for each evening.
The Hot Rod Tractor Pull is 7 p.m. today at the grandstand, with the Silas Dogan Band playing at 8 p.m. with guest appearance by All of the Above in the Big Top Tent.
Barrel horse racing will start at 7 p.m. Thursday at the grandstand, while The Fairmounters will offer the music entertainment at 8 p.m. in the Big Top Tent.
On Friday, the annual livestock auction will take place at 6:30 p.m. in the livestock show arena.
The ATV races also will start at 6:30 p.m. at the grandstand Friday. Southern Reign will perform at 8 p.m. in the Big Top Tent.
And Saturday, highlights include the turtle races at 1 p.m. in the Big Top Tent and youth tractor pull at 2 p.m. in the show arena . A demolition derby will start at 6:30 p.m. at the grandstand.
The annual mud run will take place in September at the Leavenworth County Fairgrounds.
More like this story
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas Democratic Party names new executive director
- Kansas lawmakers seek classroom tweaks in school budget row
- Wine and shine: Leadership class celebrating 25 years tonight at Holy-Field
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures