Myron and Jody Schwinn of St. George came to visit Evelyn Schwinn and the Schwinn brothers on July 20. They all enjoyed pizza for lunch and Myron took sweet corn home.
On July 21, Dave and Julie Zule entertained with a birthday party for their daughter, Lauren, who turned 17 on July 20. A large crowd of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends attended. They all enjoyed a taco and casserole lunch, along with birthday cake and ice cream. Lauren will be a senior this year at Pleasant Ridge High School.
Peggy Gillaspie visited with her mother, Evelyn Schwinn, on July 23.
Brayden and Blayke Roggenkamp of St. Marys have have been spending time with their aunt, Amy Moore, and grandparents, Johnny and Jackie Schwinn. Brayden will soon start kindergarten.
Kathy Powell of Springdale went to Colorado with some friends for the first part of July and returned July 23 with her parents, Bill and Helen Nowlan. They have a cabin at Lake George and brought her home.
Kathy is helping with Bible School at First Christian Church in Leavenworth. They are having it from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. There has been a large crowd.
John and Cora Moses left July 15 for Winona, Mo., where Cora has relatives. While they were there, a family reunion took place on July 21. They had a big crowd of around 60 attend. They returned home on July 24.
More like this story
- Face to Face: LCHS president Crystal Swann Blackdeer
- Face to Face: Tonganoxie's Nikki Beach
- Kansas City Connection: Char Bar, Sleater-Kinney, Zubaz and giant Lego sculptures
- Tonganoxie USD 464 sets superintendent meetings; principal hired; longtime ag/FFA adviser stepping down
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory