Team Tongie looks to provide more for those in need
Team Tongie is in need of funds.
The local nonprofit organization, which was established in 2009, has given nearly $80,000 since its inception to families in need because of medical hardships and other challenges.
President Diane Bretthauer said the organization has contributed to several families in the last month to help with medical hardships and “funding is as low as it’s ever been,” Bretthauer said.
Organizers are working on an upcoming fundraiser, but it’s still in the works.
In the meantime, residents can continue to donate to the organization by sending donations directly to the account at First State Bank and Trust, P.O. Box 219, Tonganoxie, KS 66086.
Donations are tax-deductible and Bretthauer said treasurer Debbie Krivjansky could send receipts to anyone who requests them.
For more about Team Tongie, go to teamtongie.com.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: Banjos and beignets
- Tonganoxie High wrestlers competing on Day 2 of state tournament
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Kansas district court judge sues over state law on courts