World’s Fairs to be topic of next week’s Tonganoxie Community Historical Society presentation
The Tonganoxie Community Historical Society will host “Imagining the Future of Work at World’s Fairs, 1933-1965,” a presentation and discussion by Thomas Prasch.
The presentation will be 7 p.m Tuesday, March 26, at the Tonganoxie Community Historic Site, 201 Washington St.
From the 1933 Century of Change exhibition in Chicago through the 1965-65 New York exhibition, one of the central projects of American world’s fairs was to imagine the shape of the future. Prasch will discuss futurist predictions about workplaces and work duties and how those predictions have impacted the view of work today.
Prasch is a professor of history at Washburn University. His research specialties include Victorian England and film history.
More like this story
- Toddler hospitalized after being struck by lawn mower
- Douglas County Fair returns July 24 with new theme, kiddie derby
- Ag Hall's Tractor Daze to include hall of fame inductions
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Kansas governor uses zombie event to promote preparedness