Saturday’s Tonganoxie Recreation Commission Easter egg hunt moved to THS west gymnasium
Saturday's Tonganoxie Recreation Commission Easter egg hunt will take place indoors.
TRC assistant director Brad Eccles said the event slated for 3 p.m. Saturday was being moved from Chieftain Park to the Tonganoxie High School west gymnasium because of inclement weather.
Gymnasium bleachers will not be extended for the hunt, but signs will be posted in the west campus leading visitors to stair and hanicapped access.
Egg hunting will be divided among three age divisions: infant to 2, 3-5 and 6-8.
More than 5,000 plastic eggs will be placed throughout the gymnasium
Face painting and a bounce house also will be offered at the event. The Easter Bunny also is expected to make an appearance.
More like this story
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- Kansas board to pick developer for new state-owned casino
- Proposal to hike ag land taxes spawns backlash from Kansas farmers
- Kansas firm criticized for plan to hike electric rates $152 million
- Education focus: JCCC partners with Clorox for on-site manufacturing courses