Saturday’s Tonganoxie Recreation Commission Easter egg hunt moved to THS west gymnasium
Saturday's Tonganoxie Recreation Commission Easter egg hunt will take place indoors.
TRC assistant director Brad Eccles said the event slated for 3 p.m. Saturday was being moved from Chieftain Park to the Tonganoxie High School west gymnasium because of inclement weather.
Gymnasium bleachers will not be extended for the hunt, but signs will be posted in the west campus leading visitors to stair and hanicapped access.
Egg hunting will be divided among three age divisions: infant to 2, 3-5 and 6-8.
More than 5,000 plastic eggs will be placed throughout the gymnasium
Face painting and a bounce house also will be offered at the event. The Easter Bunny also is expected to make an appearance.
More like this story
- Army to resume cleanup at former Sunflower ammunition plant
- Kansas Senate advances energy, elections, gambling proposals
- First land bank lots from Fort Riley overbuilding to be sold
- New Kansas Statehouse power plant more costly than expected
- Insect researcher: Drones will help feed growing population