THS senior participates in Huntsville space academy
A Tonganoxie High School senior was one of four Kansas students selected to attend for the Honeywell Leadership Challenge Academy at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Ala.
Wyatt Maurer attended the international academy Feb. 23- March 9. He was among 227 students from 30 countries and 26 U.S. states and territories to participate in the academy, which offered shuttle missions, weightlessness training, simulated jet-fighter pilot training, scenario-based space-walking missions, designing, building and testing rockets and meeting with top scientists, engineers and former astronauts.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie City Fire Department calls for Feb. 15-21, 2015
- Tonganoxie police calls, Feb. 20-March 1, 2015
- Tonganoxie vigil pays tribute to 21-year-old killed in Thursday morning wreck
- Grass fires commonplace in recent days in Tonganoxie area
- 86-year-old man dies in single-engine plane crash near Pratt