The banquet for all McLouth alumni will be at 6:30 p.m. Saturday at McLouth school cafeteria and purple (north) gymnasium. All graduating seniors, alumni and faculty (past and present) are welcome. Cost is $5 per person or $8 per couple. A meat entree will be provided. Attendees are asked to bring a side dish. Classes of 1963, 1973, 1988, 2003 and 2013 will be recognized. There will also be giveaway and raffle items donated by local businesses. For questions, contact Alayna Powell at 785-865-8774.
Wonderful experiences become treasured memories. All the musicians who played in Tonganoxie’s summer community band directed by Charles Van Middlesworth (Mr. Van), and all who enjoyed those Concerts, will share those memories. His first attempt at the community band was in 2002. It grew every year. Band members came from several communities, near and far. With his energy and enthusiasm, he encouraged and challenged us. Mr. Van is a true inspiration. He gave us his time, his heart and his love of music. It was such a privilege to play in “Mr. Van’s Band.” Mr. Van is a man of character. His family is his first priority. Summers fly by so quickly, kids grow up so fast and his desire to be a great dad and spend time with them is admirable. Thank you, Mr. Van, for a wonderful time. God bless you and your family.
— Please submit McLouth community information, announcements and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or 913-796-6935.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie USD 464 board discusses traffic issues at new school
- Kansas City reaches deal to create 'Smart City' network
- Education focus: JCCC CDL training puts students in the driver's seat for a new career
- Health Department workshop teaches health-related community planning
- Tonganoxie City Council eyes former post office, to have public forum on police station July 13