Tonganoxie High School has community service day
Tonganoxie High School students pitched out throughout the community Monday for its annual community service day.
The event initially was scheduled for Friday and coincided with the annual career fair at THS, but inclement weather moved the cleanup day to Monday.
Friday started with a pancake feed THS teachers prepared. Students then spent much of the morning at the career fair. Area residents from various career backgrounds spoke to students about their crafts.
On Monday, students dispersed to work on projects at Fall Creek Villas, Tonganoxie Nursing Center, Tonganoxie Public Library and several individual homes. Some students traveled to nearby communities as well — Wyandotte County Junior Golf Course and Prairie Moon School. Some students also will do clean-up work at all three Tonganoxie USD 464 campuses. Team Tongie had bake sales at Paul’s Barber Shop in downtown Tonganoxie and the First State Bank and Trust location on U.S. Highway 24-40.
More like this story
- Basehor-Linwood ends Tonganoxie boys basketball season
- McLouth baseball sweeps Nebraska team in opening doubleheader
- Tonganoxie High School girls team heads into sub-state with victory
- Tonganoxie High girls can't get past Piper in substate title game
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state