Mark your calendars. Enjoy a full day of family fun Saturday, June 1, at McLouth’s 22nd Annual BBQ Blowout — “Northeast Kansas State BBQ Championship” — sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society, at Prairie Park on the west edge of McLouth. Visit with approximately 40 BBQ teams competing for trophies and prize money.
Kiwanis’ country breakfast of pancakes and biscuits and gravy starts at 7 a.m. “Remembering Justin” 5K and one-mile fun run/walk race begins at 8:30 a.m. Other events include: motorcycle show; 4-H pie baking contest; exotic petting zoo, pony rides, kids’ rides and games; LIFESTAR helicopter landing at noon (unless duty calls); fire fighters demonstrations and contests; remote controlled airplanes; food booths; and homemade ice cream. Parking and admission are free. Trams are available. The event is sponsored by McLouth Recreation.
There will be several garage sales all around McLouth during BBQ Blowout weekend.
— Please submit McLouth community information, announcements and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-796-6935.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High soccer takes 4-1 record into busy week
- Rookies and veterans: Tonganoxie Chieftains sending four freshmen, two seniors to state
- Rank and file: Tonganoxie High wrestling takes 4th behind state powers at Baldwin
- Review of Wichita State athletics considers football
- Tonganoxie wrestling's postseason push