Tonganoxie , McLouth seniors to graduate Saturday
The Classes of 2013 at Tonganoxie High School and McLouth High School soon will have their diplomas.
Both schools will celebrate commencement exercises Saturday in their gymnasiums.
MHS will begin its graduation at 10 a.m. Saturday at the MHS gymnasium.
There are 32 graduates set to receive diplomas in the Bulldogs’ Class of 2013.
At Tonganoxie High School, 136 graduates are slated to earn their diplomas.
Commencement exercises will start at 7 p.m. Saturday. Like McLouth, Tonganoxie will celebrate its graduation in its high school gymnasium.
Maggie Wells, senior class president, will give the welcome, while the Senior Ensemble will perform a song, as will the Chieftain Singers.
National Honor Society members and students who finished with a 4.0 grade-point average will be recognized, as will the salutatorian.
This year’s class valedictorian will give an address before the presentation of the class.
Finally, Tonganoxie High seniors will walk across the stage for the awarding of diplomas.
Later Saturday, THS graduates will celebrate with Project Grad festivities at Dave and Buster’s in Kansas City, Kan.
Earlier in the day, baccalaureate services will take place at the Tonganoxie Performing Arts Center on the THS campus.
More like this story
- Kansas official seeks to save funds to treat drug offenders
- Kansas doctor, wife face new sentencing in overdose deaths
- Kansas governor works on program to provide mentors for poor
- U.S. Justice Department awards $950,000 to 2 Kansas tribes
- Kansas' criminal forfeiture law, among nation's toughest, faces bipartisan effort to change