Northeast Kansas in tornado watch
The National Weather Service issued a tornado watch until 10 p.m. Tuesday night for Douglas County and surrounding areas.
The NWS is also forecasting severe thunderstorms for much of the Lawrence area, beginning Tuesday afternoon and continuing into Thursday.
According to the most recent forecast, storms — which could include strong winds, hail, and thunderstorms — will begin mid to late afternoon Tuesday and continue into the overnight hours.
Several counties north and east of Lawrence are also under flash flood warnings.
Strong to severe thunderstorms are also expected both Wednesday and Thursday.
On Monday, between 1.5 and 2 inches of rain fell in the Lawrence and surrounding areas, according to the NWS.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie Hall of Fame class recognized Friday at Myers Hotel
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action
- Tonganoxie City Council candidate questionnaire: Kara Reed
- Ex-Kansas State researcher fails to get whistleblower status
- Tonganoxie USD 464 candidate questionnaire: Michelle McGhee