Tonganoxie grad in Emporia State play
A Tonganoxie High School graduate is starring in the Emporia State University Theater Department’s second show of the season.
Neil LaBute’s “reasons to be pretty,” is a love story about the impossibility of love that targets America’s obsession with physical beauty.
Elliott Brest, a Tonganoxie junior, plays the part of Kent.
A romantic and adult play, “reasons to be pretty” explores the hopelessness of romance in the 21st century. It earned its author and original cast numerous awards, including a Tony Award nomination for Best Play in 2008. A sequel to the play, “Reasons to Be Happy,” enjoyed a celebrated off-Broadway run last spring starring Jenna Fisher (The Office).
The show opened Tuesday. It will start at 7:30 p.m. nightly through Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday in the Ronald Q. Frederickson Theatre, Emporia.
More like this story
- Clean sweep again for Tonganoxie High cross country
- Tonganoxie cross country boys take 1st, girls 2nd at Pleasant Ridge
- Tonganoxie High cross country competes well against Lansing
- Tonganoxie High cross country boys win dual against Lansing
- McLouth High boys basketball advances to 3A substate semifinals