Truesdell shines for MCC at nationals
Keaton Truesdell needed just one season to make his presence felt on the college soccer field.
Truesdell, a 2013 Tonganoxie High grad and the starting goalkeeper at Manhattan Christian College, was named to the Division II All-Tournament team at the national championships earlier this month in Kissimmee, Fla. The Crusaders finished eighth at the tournament, capping off an 11-10-1 season.
MCC reached the tournament by winning its 16th consecutive regional championship Nov. 4 in Manhattan. It went 0-3 at nationals, but Truesdell allowed just five goals. He was at his best in the team's finale against Ohio Christian University, allowing just two goals on 18 shots.
More like this story
- Tonganoxie High School track teams look to build on 2014
- Tonganoxie High athlete signs to compete in track at Tabor for former THS coach
- Tonganoxie High grad still playing ball
- Creating a family: Agency seeks more foster families; greatest need in Wyandotte County
- Man accused of Jewish site shootings to appear in court