Kansas Democratic Party targets two U.S. representatives in wake of government shutdown
The Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee on Tuesday launched automated phone calls in the 2nd congressional district blaming U.S. Rep. Lynn Jenkins, R-Topeka, for helping shut down the federal government.
The campaign asks Kansans to call Jenkins to tell her to end the shutdown.
The call says: "While you were sleeping, Congresswoman Lynn Jenkins shut down the government. You heard that right. But even worse — Congresswoman Jenkins is still getting paid — and she's not listening to our frustration. All because of her demand to take away your benefits and protect insurance company profits."
Jenkins, whose district includes Lawrence, has voted for bills to fund government but only if the Affordable Care Act is repealed or key parts of it delayed. She has blamed Democrats for failing to approve the bill. And Jenkins has asked that her pay be withheld until the government is operating again.
The DCCC has also launched similar automated calls against U.S. Rep. Kevin Yoder, R-Overland Park.
More like this story
- THS girls soccer gets another home match
- Proposed amendment would end Kansas grocery sales tax
- Regionals start today, tomorrow for Tonganoxie, McLouth teams
- Kansas City Connection: Getting pumped for postseason baseball
- Linwood News: Bingo night Saturday; hydrant flushing reminder; breakout at library; fall garden exchange