Stanwood Friends Church will host its annual “Homecoming Sunday” next week. Sunday School begins at 10 a.m. and worship service will follow at 11 a.m. There will be a potluck dinner following the service. There will also be an ice cream social and movie night at 6 p.m. Saturday. Friends and neighbors are invited to worship and share with us as we celebrate 130 years of fellowship. The church is located between Tonganoxie and McLouth, one mile west of Highway 16, at the intersection of Donahoo Road and 259th Street.
The 13th annual “Trail Ride for the Cure,” to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, will take place Sunday at Circle S Guest Ranch, located north of Lawrence. Cystic fibrosis is a life-threatening genetic disease that affects the lungs and digestive systems of approximately 30,000 children and adults in the United States. Proceeds from this ride will be used to fund continued research and treatment centers. If you’d like to make a tax-deductible contribution, please send your check, made out to CFF, to Candace Braksick, P.O. Box 261, McLouth, KS 66054.
— Please submit McLouth community information, announcements and upcoming events to Beverly Muzzy: email@example.com or 913-796-6935.
More like this story
- Kansas City Connection: A new home for Halls
- Kansas City Connection: Sorting through the hoopla of the Big 12 tournament
- Kansas lawmakers seek to boost campaign contribution limits
- Kansas Legislature mulls slashing green energy incentives
- Tonganoxie St. Pat's Parade organizers working to bulk up annual spring event