Letter to the editor: Donations needed at local food bank
To the editor:
As a volunteer at the Good Shepherd Thrift Store and Food Bank, I would like to remind everyone in the area what an asset it is to the community. In August, we assisted 94 families with food and other needs. No one working at the thrift store takes a salary. All monies go back into helping people and paying necessary bills.
Folks might like to know that our food, clothing and financial donations are down.
We can use in-date groceries and clean, wearable clothing and, of course, any cash donations one can afford to give. We do not want to turn qualified applicants away.
I have only volunteered for a few weeks and have been so impressed with the entire operation. Other needs are of the clean-up, painting and fix-up variety if anyone would care to volunteer for that.
Good Shepherd volunteer, Tonganoxie
More like this story
- KSU researchers develop heat-tolerant wheat
- Report: Kansas wheat faring mostly well so far this winter
- Hallmark to transfer printing work from Georgia to Kansas
- Kansas committee review bill to boost tobacco, alcohol taxes
- Linenberger: Brownback's decision on LGBT protections should trigger public action